I&R Basics: Serving Diverse Communities
- Commercial Associate/Consultant Associate - $15
- Canadian - $10
- Wyoming211 - Free!
- Military - $10
- Silver - $15
- Individual - $15
- Gold - $15
- Non-Member - $20
- Platinum - $10
- Subscriber - Free!
- 211Brevard - Free!
- 211Broward - Free!
- 211MRCPL - Free!
- 211PBTC - Free!
- Atlanta211 - Free!
- Autism Speaks - Free!
- AUW 211 - Free!
- bc211 - Free!
- Cleveland211 - Free!
- Connect MatSu - Free!
- DRCOG - Free!
- DupageCo - Free!
- Epilepsy Foundation - Free!
- GTCUW - Free!
- HFUW211 - Free!
- Inland SoCal 211 - Free!
- ITRC - Free!
- Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission - Free!
- NC211 - Free!
- Ontario 211 - Free!
- UnitedWaySWPA - Free!
- UWCalifornia - Free!
- UWMidlands211 - Free!
- VA 211 - Free!
- Washington211 - Free!
- Washington DSHS - Free!
This course explores the concepts of cultural awareness and sensitivity, diversity awareness and intersectionality, and serving people from different backgrounds with respect and empathy.
I&R agencies aim to serve everyone and aim to serve everyone equally. Some people face ongoing systemic barriers to accessing services that relate to an ethnic/racial/religious/cultural background which creates additional vulnerability. They may sometimes require more help because of that vulnerability. It is essential to act with positive respect toward people from all backgrounds and circumstances. Nothing less is acceptable.
- Service Delivery: LGBTQ+ Clients
- Service Delivery: Serving People With Disabilities
- Service Delivery: Empowerment and Advocacy in Information and Referral
- The AIRS DEI Council: A Journey Through How We See Ourselves and Others
- AIRS DEI Symposium "Check Your Blind Spot!"
- AIRS Webinar - Sometimes Tricky and Potentially Awkward Situations - Better Understanding of and Service for the LGBTQ+ Community
- The “Cultural Awareness Tool”- A DEI Conversation
- AIRS Webinar -Immigration Issues 101
- Keynote Speaker Sonya Ware - Diversity, Equity and Inclusion At the Personal And Organizational Level
- AIRS Webinar - The Legacy of Racism in American Memory
- AIRS Webinar - The Origins and Impact of the Americans with Disabilities Act
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|