Service Delivery: Serving Military Personnel and Their Families
- Commercial Associate/Consultant Associate - $12
- Gold/Silver/Individual - $12
- Non-Member - $16
- Platinum/Canadian/Military - $8
- Subscriber - Free!
- 211Brevard - Free!
- 211Broward - Free!
- 211MRCPL - Free!
- 211PBTC - Free!
- AUW 211 - Free!
- bc211 - Free!
- Connect MatSu - Free!
- DupageCo - Free!
- Epilepsy Foundation - Free!
- GTCUW - Free!
- HFUW211 - Free!
- ITRC - Free!
- VA 211 - Free!
- Washington DSHS - Free!
This course is for Information & Referral (I&R) Specialists who handle human service inquiries and need some additional knowledge and understanding to better handle issues involving U.S. military service members and their families.
This interactive course will help an I&R professional to better understand military clients, what their needs are, some of their unique challenges (including the cycle of deployment and return), the military language they are speaking, and the resources that are available to help them.
This course was developed in cooperation with the Navy Fleet and Family Support Center, San Diego, to assist I&R Specialists everywhere.
Standing By, and Ready to Serve our U.S. Military Service Members and their Families!
Throughout the course, references are made to various programs and other resources.
Please note that all relevant websites and phone numbers referenced during this course are listed in Section 8 (Summary of Military Support Resources) for printing or copying/pasting.
This course is primarily for I&R Specialists. However, as a basic course, it has relevance to anyone within the human services sector who is not a specialist in military and/or veterans issues.
This course is for Information & Referral Specialists who handle human service inquiries and need some additional specific knowledge and understanding to better handle issues involving U.S. military service members and their families.
When you have successfully completed this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the basic structure of the U.S. military and some of the unique life challenges faced by military families.
- Outline the issues surrounding pre-deployment, deployment, and homecoming for service members and their families.
- Identify the basic military program options available for service members and some of the community-based services that can offer further support and assistance.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|