Veteran's Justice Outreach and Re-entry Programs: How The VA Helps Justice-Involved Veterans
- Gold/Silver/Individual - Free!
- 211MRCPL - Free!
- DupageCo - Free!
- Subscriber - Free!
- Commercial Associate/Consultant Associate - Free!
- Connect MatSu - Free!
- Epilepsy Foundation - Free!
- bc211 - Free!
- Washington DSHS - Free!
- GTCUW - Free!
- 211PBTC - Free!
- 211Broward - Free!
- AUW 211 - Free!
- 211Brevard - Free!
- VA 211 - Free!
- Identity Theft - Free!
- Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission - Free!
- Platinum/Canadian/Military - Free!
- Non-Member - Free!
Veterans with police involvement, criminal charges, or incarceration often have difficulty navigating traditional justice systems and obtaining positive outcomes. The VA has two programs that partner with justice systems to improve outcomes for those Veterans and their communities. This workshop will describe the missions, methods, and partnerships of those programs. Professionals who provide I&R to Veterans will learn how and when these programs can help, and how to refer Veterans to them in their communities.
- Define the term “Justice-Involved Veteran.”
- Describe the mission and main functions of the Veterans Justice Outreach Program.
- Describe the mission and main functions of the Health Care for Reentry Veterans Program.
- Refer justice-involved veterans to VJO and Reentry programs available in their localities.
Matthew John Miller
Veterans Justice Outreach Specialist
St. Louis VA Health Care System, St. Louis, Missouri
Matt Miller is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Missouri and works as a Veterans Justice Outreach Specialist at the St. Louis VA Health Care System. The VJO initiative strives to avoid the unnecessary criminalization of mental illness and the extended incarceration of Veterans by ensuring that justice-involved Veterans have access to VA treatment, services, and benefits. Matt is an advocate of justice reform, has collaborated to establish seven Veterans Treatment Courts, and trains law enforcement on Veterans’ crisis needs and issues. He is a father of three, an avid fan of and participant in motorsports, and a music lover.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|